Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Bicycling

I know. It's the end of May. I am way late getting back on the bike this year. But, I'm on it.

It was surprisingly easy getting up at 5:30 this morning. Actually woke up before the alarm! Beautiful morning. Low 70's, calm winds, few clouds, sun rising on the horizon of the lake. I was amazed at how many people were up and out this early in the morning.

As for the people "out-and-about', I know it's early but, is there any reason why you can't acknowledge others on the road? Yesterday's ride was later in the morning and the same thing. You ride past another rider heading the other way or a small group and a quick wave and 'hello' is met with nothin'. C'mon folks. Lighten up. You should be enjoying yourself. Another rider is a fellow cyclist - regardless of how nice their bike is or whether they have the right gear on. I'll give the young guns a small pass due to maturity and an over-competitive self-importance, but you other middle-agers, get over it.

102 days to the Door County Century

No comments: