Thursday, February 10, 2005

You're Biased, I'm Not

I agree with this story from CBS News:
"In everyday life in schools, companies and bars, meaningful, two-way conversation is constricted by the trump card of bias: gender bias, race bias, political bias, class bias, religious bias or cultural bias. Bias is not the same as prejudice. Prejudice should be argued with and outed. But next time you're about to accuse someone of being biased, try to come up with a more clever retort. Or better yet, try to understand their point of view. "
As a white male, there is little audience for anything we have to say. I can honestly say though, I'm more than willing to hear all sides and opinions. Just don't expect me to change my mind ALL the time and agree with everything you do. I'll expect the same of you.

No comments: