Monday, December 06, 2004

'Tis the season? Apparently not for some...

Maureen Dowd, a voice of the left (by edict or self-appointment) makes a confession in her witty Op-Ed titled Jingle Bell Schlock:
"I've never said this out loud before, but I can't stand Christmas."
On the one hand, this epitomizes the left - they hate everything! Can anyone tell me ONE positive thing the left has had to say in the last, oh - 50 years? Especially MoDo?

On the other hand, it isn't a surprise that the main reason for her anxiety and negative thoughts during this season are self-focused and full of self-pity:
"It might be exacerbated by the stress I feel when I think of all the money I've spent on lavishing boyfriends with presents over the years, guys who are now living with other women who are enjoying my lovingly picked out presents which I'm no doubt still paying for in credit card interest charges."
Get over yourself, it isn't always about you! That goes for those of you on the left who commiserate with her too.

No comments: