Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Monday Night Football

OK. Call me naive. Call me a prude. Call me over the hill and out of touch with the 'real' world. I understand that football is entertainment. I love football. It is, and has been, my favorite sport to watch for most of my life. But I enjoy football for football - not the 'entertainment' that has grown around it. I admit it. I don't get it.

Plenty of Blame to Go Around in Monday Night Meltdown:
"The league constantly talks about its so-called 'partnership' with its network and cable carriers. But with partners who keep trying to mix sex and football, perhaps the league ought to think about keeping a far more wary eye on the product. This is not about censorship, it's simply about good sense, which at least two of its 'partners' haven't seemed to demonstrate on a national stage within the last nine months. "

No comments: