Saturday, June 03, 2006

End of 1st Week Riding ~ 2006

Well, I made it out of bed. Last night was 8th grade graduation from Port Catholic. Neighborhood was crawling with kids until well past midnight. Still managed to get my butt outta bed and ride at 6:30 for an hour and 20 minutes. Still had time to shower before the girls soccer game at 9. They tied - oldest had a goal in the first half, then played shut-out goalie in the second. I'm trying not to encourage her too much because select soccer can consume a lot of resources - both money and time! She would need to choose between basketball and winter indoor soccer. I'd prefer basketball, and so far, so does she.

Felt like I was in The Birds early in the ride. There's a red-wing blackbird just north of town on the bike trail that gets pretty aggressive. On the way out, he hit my helmet.

Breeze was stronger than I thought it was. Happy I chose to go north and get the tailwind on the way home.

No comments: