Monday, June 05, 2006

Week Two

I know "weeks" normally begin on Sundays, but since I spent most of the afternoon doing yard work, rather than riding, this week begins on Monday.

Had 90 miles last week. Would like to see 100 this week.

Cool and calm this morning. Sunny and dry. Beautiful.

As an aside, whenever I get out and ride - road or mountain - take a hike in the woods or cross-country ski, I always think to myself, "why don't I do this more often?" It is the most peaceful, stress-free thing you can do and the scenery is almost always gorgeous. It seems like a chore sometimes, but after, I feel so good.

I sometimes think I need a new incentive to get me out there. Should I get a GPS and start geo-caching (like a co-worker does)? Do I need a new piece of bike gear? Should I get some new ski equipment or gadget? But then, once I'm out there, I realize you don't need any other incentive. But I still don't do it enough.

I need to figure it out so I can explain it to the kids.

96 days to the DCC (see the countdown under my profile)

No comments: