Thursday, June 01, 2006

Port Washington "Survey" Update

From today's JS Online: DayWatch:
"The two Port Washington High School teachers who helped students distribute the 'Heterosexual Questionnaire' at the school will not appeal disciplinary actions taken against them, the president of their union said today."
At least they seem to recognize that this exercise was not appropriate.

I struggle to comment too directly since my kids are not old enough for high school and they attend Catholic school. It does give me reasons to consider Catholic high school - despite the commute and cost (where's school choice?).

Don't get me wrong. I don't feel that kids should be sheltered from 'reality'. I just don't believe school is the place to teach all of life's lessons to all at the same time - on the school's schedule.

No comments: