Thursday, September 16, 2004

Go ahead, jump in the water...

My first two posts and they both have an economist link - that will change. This article, however, helped prompt me to set up this blog. I know that when I make a mistake - and am lucky enough to have someone read it - there will be plenty of people out there in the blogosphere to correct me. And I will appreciate every one of them!
"This traditional criticism of the internet has now been aimed at the blogosphere and is embodied by big journalists like Jonathan Klein who, while defending the CBS story to The Weekly Standard remarked, 'You couldn't have a starker contrast between the multiple layers of check and balances [at '60 Minutes'] and a guy sitting in his living room in his pajamas writing.' Klein misses the point that it's not whether you can trust some guy in his pajamas, but whether you can trust a spontaneous system of thousands of guys in their pajamas trading information and imparting small, sometimes deceivingly insignificant, bits of information. "

TCS: Tech Central Station - Hayek Smiled: Why Blogging Works:

No comments: