Wednesday, September 22, 2004

WI: Elections Board votes to put Nader on the ballot; Democrats might sue

As I mentioned previously, this is good for democracy. I know that Democrats will say that I - and others who believe this - only say so because it could negatively impact the Kerry vote, but I can honestly say that I supported (not with my vote, in either case) the addition of Pat Buchanan and Ross Perot on previous ballots. In fact, there was controversy in the first election I was eligible to vote: 1980. That year, John Anderson ran as an independent after failing to get the Republican candidacy. In my mind, that's what a democracy, liberty, and freedom is all about - choices. It's also about the citizen's responsibility to be informed before they exercise their right to vote.

BTW, I can't let the last line of the headline go without commenting. Typical.
JS Online: Elections Board votes to put Nader on the ballot; Democrats might sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find it very interesting that everyone automatically assumes that Nader hurts Kerry in the election. While the Democrats are again trying to limit people's choices, they fail to notice that most of the state to state polls show larger leads by Bush when Nader is not on the ticket. In other words, Nader helps Kerry, not Bush.